The graduate of the Environmental Engineering career will have the following skills and competencies:
- To know about natural, productive and economic resources used in rural production, its commercialization, and its industrial transformation, as well as to weigh with solvency the design of the productive processes, the adequacy of the practices used, the concretion of the objective pursued and the relative incidence of restrictions.
- To know forest species and their variables and parametric processes, mathematics, geometry and statistics enough to work with multiple equations, functions and probabilities, as well as to analyze the relationship between variables, sample and compare populations.
- Knowing how to use computers to use the software available for environmental management, to solve optimization, simulation and evaluation problems that arise at work. It is managed with foreign languages, Portuguese and English, to interact fluidly in their labor relations and fully understand the usual terminology in the environmental field.
- Have macro and microeconomic knowledge to interpret the economic context in which the company must perform, to calculate costs and revenues, define benefits and profitability, plan, direct and control production processes, determine the efficiency in the use of resources , analyze the financial situation and evaluate investments. Know marketing and strategies and marketing techniques, as to find new forms of agribusiness that allow you to add value to primary and forestry production.
- Be in a position to formulate productive projects, evaluate the renewal rates of the resources that are used in order to make the production model sustainable and evaluate the impact of human activities in the search for development modalities that do not harm environment.
- Analyze an agrarian and forestry company, detect its shortcomings, determine the efficiency in the use of resources, calculate costs of production and of agricultural, forestry machinery and estimate incomes. You can design, carry and analyze company records and interpret the balance sheets.
- Is able to plan the evolution of a rural company in different horizons, to program its activities. Have all the knowledge to exercise the direction of a rural business, provide advice on the subject or act as a teacher on the subject.
- The Environmental Engineer must be competent to plan, organize and manage an agricultural and forestry or agro-industrial enterprise, to evaluate it, detect its shortcomings, determine the efficiency in the use of its resources, calculate production costs and estimate the income, guide its commercialization and define its financing. You can conduct studies aimed at defining the economic or financial situation of these companies, by themselves or by participating in interdisciplinary groups, or provide advice on them. You can act as a teacher in subjects related to your specialty.